The offered property is a symmetrical three-story Georgian originally built in the later 1790s sitting on 25.7 AC. of partially cleared land in peaceful Caroline County. It is located only 20 minutes from Fredericksburg, Bowling Green, and the Massaponax VRE station. Dahlgren Base is 25 minutes up Rte. 17.
Approximately 21 acres are in Caroline County’s land use program, while the remaining gently rolling landscape displays an impressive front yard with stately beech and oak trees. The side yards contain a small orchard, elderberry bushes and fig trees. No herbicides or pesticides have been used on property for over 25 years. Because of low ambient light the night sky is remarkably clear. Access is along a large gravel circular driveway surrounding a center circle of boxwoods, camelia trees and hydrangeas and including 4 + parking spots.
Spear Builders, a local premier restorer of older housing, completely restored the house in 2013. This massive renovation installed all new utility systems that emphasize reliability, maintainability, comfort, and energy efficiency. The 2013 renovation included:
· new standing seam metal roof.
· LP smart siding exterior with Tyvek wrap, and cellulose insulated walls.
· 200 A main electric service.
· 100A sub-panel in the 20x30 garage and it’s attached and enclosed lean-to.
· Whole house HVAC consisting of 12 electric indoor Mitsubishi minisplits powered by four outside compressor units. Minisplits allow independent environmental control of every room.
· All new plumbing lines and Moen, Kohler, American Standard plumbing fixtures.
· 2 water standpipes are located near outbuildings that can be shut off from within the house.
· New gravity-fed septic system, ie: drain lines, septic tank and drainfield, which is easily accessed for maintenance
· Generac 20Kw whole house emergency propane generator
· 1000 gallon buried propane tank.
· Tankless gas hot water heater.
· Whole house water conditioning system.
· Two chimneys with 6 fireplaces (5 wood-burning, 1 sealed off) all set with original brick facing. In 2013 the east chimney was demolished and rebuilt while the west chimney was lined.
· French drains line the main house to maintain the colonial look
· Three completely rebuilt full baths include ceramic tile floors and Kohler and Moen fixtures. All baths enjoy natural light.
· Two 12’ x 12’ out buildings, one with electric service
· Six interconnected Fire/CO alarms were installed inside/outside each bedroom. All were replaced in 2020.
· Plate glass solid storm windows protect all of the original wooden windows and ensure premium insulation ability.
All new lighting fixtures installed throughout the residence.
The top level exhibits 7’ ceilings, original floors and two spacious bedrooms flanking a full bath.
· The middle level reveals 10’ ceilings, crown moulding, original floors and large 7’ x 4’ windows, some original.
· The middle level contains a 9’x24’ screened in porch with ceiling fan.
· The bottom level features 7’ ceilings, ceramic tile flooring, and a formal dining room and English kitchen flanking a full bath.
The bottom level contains two spacious rooms close to the kitchen. A pantry used to store cooking equipment and a laundry room containing LG washer and dryer, tankless water heater and water treatment equipment.
Come view this beautiful 1790's 3 bedroom and 3 full bathroom colonial built in the 1790's, completely renovated/updated for anyone looking for a move in ready home with historical features. If you are looking for a quiet place to call home this could be the place for you.
Courtesy of: Coldwell Banker Elite Listing information provided courtesy of the Bright MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. Updated: 23rd September, 2021 2:44 AM